Lessons From Chandrayaan-3 Mission
- Second chances are important – Chandrayaan-3 shows ISRO’s perseverance after the crash landing of Chandrayaan-2.
LESSON : Not giving up is key.
2. Learn from failures – The improvements in Chandrayaan-3 are based on learnings from the Chandrayaan-2 incident.
LESSON : Failures are stepping stones to success.
3. Optimism and hope – Despite the disappointment of Chandrayaan-2, ISRO bounced back with a positive attitude for Chandrayaan-3.
LESSON : Staying optimistic helps overcome hurdles.
4. Teamwork – Thousands of scientists and engineers are working together to make Chandrayaan-3 a success.
LESSON : Great things are achieved through collaboration.
5. Attention to details – ISRO analyzed every detail of Chandrayaan-2’s failure to improve systems for Chandrayaan-3.
LESSON : Details matter.
6. Test and improve – Chandrayaan systems underwent many new tests to validate improvements.
LESSON : Rigorously test before attempting anything challenging.
7. Manage with constraints – Chandrayaan-3 is being completed with a limited budget.
LESSON : Managing constraints innovative leads to frugal solutions.
8. Calculated risk-taking – Despite risks, ISRO is ready to attempt the lunar landing again.
LESSON : Progress requires calculated risks.
9. Never give up your dreams – Landing on the Moon is a longtime Indian dream.
LESSON : Perseverance leads to achieving dreams despite difficulties.
10. Embrace challenges – Instead of avoiding risks, ISRO takes up the challenge.
LESSON : Challenges must be faced to expand capabilities.
11. Prioritize safety – Safety improvements to the lander and rover have the highest priority for Chandrayaan-3.
LESSON : Safety should be the foremost consideration.
12. Innovation under constraints – Due to lower cost, Chandrayaan-3 demanded innovative low-cost solutions.
LESSON : Constraints drive innovation.
13. Automation for precision – Fine landing on Moon requires automated systems for precision.
LESSON : Automation can surpass human limitations.
14. Exploration expands understanding – By exploring the lunar terrain, Chandrayaan-3 will reveal new insights about the Moon.
LESSON : Exploration leads to new understanding.
15. Passion with pragmatism – Chandrayaan-3 balances passion for space with pragmatic solutions.
LESSON : Blend passion with practical thinking.
16. Precision engineering – The orbiter, lander and rover require high precision engineering to succeed.
LESSON : Details matter when engineering complex systems.
17. Invest in science – Chandrayaan-3 demonstrates India’s investment in scientific capabilities.
LESSON :Science must be prioritized for progress.
18. The ecstasy of achievement – The pride and joy of such achievements drives the scientists and engineers involved.
LESSON : Focus on the ecstasy of achievement.
19. Develop technological capabilities – Programs like Chandrayaan-3 help develop indigenous technologies and capabilities.
LESSON : Invest in developing capabilities.
20. Leapfrogging to success – India aims to leapfrog from Chandrayaan-2’s failure to Chandrayaan-3’s success.
LESSON : Think beyond linear progress.
21. Rally around a cause – The lunar missions have rallied Indians around a scientific cause.
LESSON : Working towards big goals energizes people.
22. Rise to great challenges – Landing on the Moon is one of humanity’s great challenges.
LESSON : We must keep rising up to large challenges.
23. Visualize and manifest – Chandrayaan-3 proves that visualizing a goal diligently leads to manifesting it.
LESSON : Visualization followed by action makes the impossible possible.
24. National pride – Achievements like Chandrayaan-3 make Indians proud of their country.
LESSON : People need achievements that create national pride.
25. For the love of science – Ultimately deep love and excitement for science drives missions like Chandrayaan-3.
LESSON : Love of science should be fostered.
26. Shoot for the Moon – Chandrayaan-3 literally shoots for the Moon.
LESSON : We must follow audacious dreams aimed at the highest goals.
27. Bouncing back – ISRO bounced back from the Chandrayaan-2 disappointment via Chandrayaan-3.
LESSON : Bouncing back from failure makes you stronger.
28. Taking a chance – There is a chance the mission could still fail but ISRO takes the chance.
LESSON : Progress comes from taking calculated chances.
29. Standing on the shoulders – Chandrayaan-3 builds on lessons from previous lunar missions.
LESSON : We must stand on shoulders of those before us.
30. Embracing openness – India now embraces openness in space, unlike its early secrecy with nuclear programs.
LESSON : Openness fosters progress.
31. Thinking long-term – The Chandrayaan missions take a long-term view for India’s space program.
LESSON : Think beyond the present.
32 . Being diligent – Diligent efforts towards the goal increases chance of success.
LESSON : Chandrayaan-3 needs diligence for fruition.
33. Enjoying the process – The journey is as crucial as the destination.
LESSON : The team must enjoy the process leading to eventual success.
34. Sharing knowledge – The data from Chandrayaan-3 will be shared freely for global benefit.
LESSON : Sharing knowledge creates collective wisdom.
35. Prototyping and testing – Multiple prototypes and rigorous testing ensure mission readiness.
LESSON : Test, iterate, improve.
36. Progress amidst uncertainty -The Mission’s progresses amidst an uncertain world.
LESSON : Despite uncertainties, progress must continue
37. Purpose over pride – The mission’s scientific purpose is larger than national pride.
LESSON : Purpose must trump pride.
38. The labor that love demands – the mission requires tremendous labor but it is a labor of love.
LESSON : Love’s labor leads to fulfillment.
39. Destiny favors the bold – ISRO’s boldness to attempt another difficult Moon landing will favor its destiny.
LESSON : Fortune favors the bold.
40. Success inspires success – The lunar mission successes will inspire Indian youth to take up science and research.
LESSON : Achievements motivate others.
LESSON : Great things can be done by global partnerships.
42. For the future generations – Moon explorations are done not just for current benefits but for future generations.
LESSON : We must think long-term.
43. Quest for knowledge – At its core, Chandrayaan-3 is to expand human knowledge about the Moon.
LESSON : Knowledge drives progress.
44. Think scientifically – Chandrayaan-3 uses a scientific approach for the mission.
LESSON : Science provides the path to rational solutions.
45. Prepare thoroughly– Years of preparation goes into a lunar mission.
LESSON : There are no shortcuts to success. Proper preparation is must.
46. Set audacious goals – Landing on another celestial body is an audacious goal accomplished only by few nations.
LESSON : Set big goals despite difficulty.
47. Don’t fear failure – Space technology has inherent risks but that should not limit ambitious pursuits.
LESSON : Failures pave the way for success.
48. The power of intent – With strong intent and commitment, humans can achieve the impossible.
LESSON : Focus your intent on your goals.
49. Unity in diversity – Chandrayaan represents contributions from all of India.
LESSON : Unity in diversity is key to national success.
JAI HIND …….